Advice for a Blind DE Shaver with Tough Beard and Sensitive Skin

JoeTheJoyful

Advice for a Blind DE Shaver with Tough Beard and Sensitive Skin

Post by JoeTheJoyful »

Hi everyone, I've joined this forum in hopes of getting some expert advice. Being completely blind and a double-edge (DE) shaving enthusiast, I'm looking for ways to enhance my shaving experience. I have a thick, tough beard due to my Iranian heritage, and my skin is quite sensitive. Therein lies my predicament — achieving a consistently close and comfortable shave without irritating my skin, especially when shaving on consecutive days. I'll give you a rundown of my razor experiences so far:

- Rex Ambassador: This was my first choice due to its adjustability. However, the blade feel might be too aggressive for daily use.
- R41GS: I chose this for its ability to handle a tough beard, but the blade alignment issue is frustrating.
- Henson Aluminum Medium: It provided a surprisingly smooth shave, but seems to lack the aggression needed for fewer passes.

When I shave every other day, everything is fine, but daily shaves result in discomfort and an uneven shave. It feels as if there's insufficient stubble for the blade to catch, or the hair is too coarse.

My adaptability has been key, but I'm at a crossroads. Should I look into a different razor, perhaps one that's known for handling tough beards but still suitable for sensitive skin? Should I explore other pre-shave or post-shave products that could alleviate the issue? Or should I adjust my technique, like the angle or pressure I'm using?

If anyone has faced similar challenges or has expertise in this area, your advice would be invaluable. I'm also open to suggestions for other razors that could meet my unique needs. Thank you in advance for your insights and guidance!
OliverOutdoors

Post by OliverOutdoors »

Consider a slant razor for tough beards and sensitive skin. They slice hair differently, potentially reducing irritation.
HarrisHiker

Post by HarrisHiker »

Have you considered trying a slant razor? It might help with tough beards and sensitive skin.
Daniel28

Post by Daniel28 »

Have you considered trying different pre-shave oils or creams to soften your beard? They can help make daily shaving more comfortable.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Have you considered exploring different pre-shave products to help with skin sensitivity?