What type of blades does the Merkur 38C use?

Finn78

What type of blades does the Merkur 38C use?

Post by Finn78 »

I've recently added the Merkur 38C to my shaving tool arsenal and I'm absolutely loving the experience so far - the weight and balance of this razor make it a joy to use in my daily routine. I've been shaving with it in the wet, and the closed comb design has been giving me a comfortably mild and efficient shave. However, I'm still getting familiar with the blade situation, and I was wondering what type of blades the Merkur 38C uses? Are they proprietary or can I use standard double edge razor blades like Astra or Feather? I'd appreciate any insight from fellow Merkur 38C owners out there!
Ryan87

Post by Ryan87 »

I'm so glad you're enjoying your Merkur 38C! Don't worry about the blades, you can definitely use standard double edge razor blades like Astra or Feather.
IanInMotion

Post by IanInMotion »

You're off to a fantastic start with your Merkur 38C, and I'm thrilled to hear you're enjoying the experience! I too was initially intimidated by the blade situation, but once I got the hang of it, it was smooth sailing. You'll love exploring different DE blades and finding your perfect match!
Mason57

Post by Mason57 »

Standard DE blades fit perfectly, no need to worry about proprietary ones!
Gavin88

Post by Gavin88 »

Good to know standard DE blades fit, thanks for the confirmation!
MarkRocks

Post by MarkRocks »

I totally get why you'd be curious about the blades, especially when you're still getting familiar with the razor. Glad to hear you're loving the Merkur 38C so far, and I'm sure you'll find the perfect blade combo soon!
MilesMotion

Post by MilesMotion »

Glad you're loving the Merkur 38C! Try experimenting with different DE blades to find your perfect match - you might be surprised at the varying shave qualities!
Isaac45

Post by Isaac45 »

You're rocking that Merkur 38C, keep exploring and finding your perfect blade combo!