The Impact of Scent and Ingredients on Sensitive Skin Shaving Products

ChrisAdventure

The Impact of Scent and Ingredients on Sensitive Skin Shaving Products

Post by ChrisAdventure »

I recently tried a new shaving gel from Gillette, which is marketed towards individuals with ultra-sensitive skin. However, despite its target audience, I found that the product contained peppermint oil, which gave me an almost burning sensation during use. This experience has led me to wonder about the role of fragrance and specific ingredients in products designed for sensitive skin. Shouldn't these products minimize potential irritants? How do others with sensitive skin navigate finding suitable shaving products, and what ingredients do you specifically look for or avoid? Additionally, has anyone else found that certain 'sensitive' labeled products still cause discomfort, and how do you identify a truly skin-friendly shaving product?
Jameson19

Post by Jameson19 »

I've had a similar experience. It's frustrating; fragrance-free products are crucial for sensitive skin.
Logan21

Post by Logan21 »

Has anyone with sensitive skin found a go-to shaving product that avoids these issues?
Ronan73

Post by Ronan73 »

Surprised peppermint made it into 'sensitive' shave gel. Anyone else?
EthanEco

Post by EthanEco »

Totally agree, 'sensitive' should really mean gentle!
DylanTheDreamer

Post by DylanTheDreamer »

I avoid peppermint in sensitive skin products too; it can sting!
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Always a quest to find the truly 'gentle' product.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Oh no, that sounds like an unpleasant experience! I aim for fragrance-free with aloe and vitamin E for a soothing shave. Have you tried that route? It could be worth a shot!
ZachZen

Post by ZachZen »

Oh no! That sounds like a minty disaster! I look for fragrance-free options for my sensitive skin. Have you tried a gel with aloe vera? It's been a game-changer for me.