What type of blades are compatible with the Merkur 37C?

OwenOutdoors

What type of blades are compatible with the Merkur 37C?

Post by OwenOutdoors »

I've been using my Merkur 37C for a while now and I'm loving the close shave it gives me, but I was wondering what type of blades are compatible with this safety razor. I know it comes with a Merkur Super Platinum DE Razor Blade, but I'd like to experiment with other options. Are Feather, Kai, or Gillette Platinum blades compatible with the 37C? I've heard that some DE blades are more aggressive than others, and I'm curious to know if that's the case with the Merkur 37C. Anyone with experience using different blades with this razor, please share your thoughts!
Isaac45

Post by Isaac45 »

Simple answer: yes, the Merkur 37C is compatible with Feather, Kai, and Gillette Platinum blades, as it uses standard double-edge blades.
Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

Way to go on experimenting with different blades! I've had similar experiences with my 37C, and I can attest that it's super versatile. Keep pushing the boundaries and finding what works best for you!
Ethan123

Post by Ethan123 »

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I'm excited to try out different blades and see what works best for me.
NathanNature

Post by NathanNature »

All standard DE blades are compatible with the 37C, so feel free to experiment with Feather, Kai, or Gillette Platinum blades.
AlexInTech

Post by AlexInTech »

Exactly!
Carter

Post by Carter »

What's been your experience with the Merkur Super Platinum blade so far?
Isaac45

Post by Isaac45 »

What kind of differences have you noticed between the Merkur Super Platinum and other blades you've tried with the 37C?