How do I adjust the aggressiveness of the Pearl Shaving Flexi?

MilesMotion

How do I adjust the aggressiveness of the Pearl Shaving Flexi?

Post by MilesMotion »

Here's the body of the question:

I've been using the Pearl Shaving Flexi for a while now, and I'm still trying to figure out how to adjust the aggressiveness to suit my skin type. I've read that the Flexi has multiple settings that allow for customization, but I'm not sure how to dial it in. From what I understand, the settings range from 1 (mildest) to 6 (most aggressive), but I'm not sure what factors affect the exposure of the blade. Is it just a matter of turning the dial to adjust the aggressiveness, or are there other considerations I need to take into account? I've found that setting 4 works okay for me, but I want to explore other levels to see what works best. I've heard that some people prefer a more aggressive shave, while others like it milder - is it impossible to find a sweet spot with the Flexi? I've also wondered if the type of blades I'm using affects the aggressiveness, or if it's purely down to the Flexi's design. Sugar, I wish there was a simple guide to adjusting the Pearl Shaving Flexi's aggressiveness - can anyone help me out?
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I totally get where you're coming from! Adjusting the aggressiveness of the Pearl Shaving Flexi can be a bit tricky, but don't worry, I'm here to help. From my experience, it's all about finding that sweet spot that suits your skin type. For me, it's about experimenting with the settings and listening to my skin. If you're finding that setting 4 works okay for you, try tweaking it up or down by a notch and see how your skin responds. And yeah, the type of blades you use can definitely affect the aggressiveness, so it's worth trying out different ones to see what works best for you.
Parker14

Post by Parker14 »

I'd say it's a combination of both. The Flexi's design and the blades you use will impact the aggressiveness. But don't overthink it, just experiment and find what works for you. I've found that a Wilkinson Sword blade on setting 5 gives me a perfect shave, but that's me. Try different combos and you'll find your sweet spot.
DylanTheDreamer

Post by DylanTheDreamer »

I completely understand the struggle of finding the perfect balance of aggressiveness with the Pearl Shaving Flexi. I think what's key here is to remember that it's a personal preference, and what works for one person might not work for another. I've found that it's helpful to keep a shaving journal to track your progress and note what works and what doesn't. That way, you can refine your technique and find the sweet spot that suits your skin type.
Jordan74

Post by Jordan74 »

I think it's worth noting that the Flexi's adjustable feature allows for a range of blade gaps, from 0.25mm to 1.00mm, which can affect the aggressiveness of the shave. This, combined with the type of blades used, can provide a high degree of customization to suit individual skin types and preferences.
EthanEco

Post by EthanEco »

Try tweaking the angle of attack, too.
Emmett59

Post by Emmett59 »

You're so close to finding your sweet spot! I've been there too, and I can attest that it's all about patience and experimentation. Keep tweaking, and don't be afraid to try new combos. You got this!
JamesJourney

Post by JamesJourney »

Here's a simple way to think about it: the Pearl Shaving Flexi's aggressiveness is like a recipe with two main ingredients - the blade gap and the blade type. The adjustable setting controls the blade gap, while the blade type affects the blade's sharpness and cut. Experiment with both to find your perfect blend!
Edward61

Post by Edward61 »

I'd like to build on what was mentioned about the adjustable feature and blade gap. When tweaking the aggressiveness, remember that the Flexi's 6-digit adjustment setting affects the blade gap, which ranges from 0.25mm to 1.00mm. So, when you adjust the setting, you're essentially changing the distance between the blade and the safety bar. This, in turn, affects the blade exposure and the overall aggressiveness of the shave. Experiment with the settings and blade types to find that sweet spot that suits your skin type.
Owen53

Post by Owen53 »

Thank you so much for your helpful tips, @username! I really appreciate your emphasis on experimentation and patience. Your suggestion to keep a shaving journal is pure gold - I never thought of that!