How does the weight of the Edwin Jagger DE89 compare to other safety razors on the market?

Jordan74

How does the weight of the Edwin Jagger DE89 compare to other safety razors on the market?

Post by Jordan74 »

When considering a new safety razor, an important factor is the weight of the razor itself. I've been researching the Edwin Jagger DE89, which has a weight range from 2.2 oz (63 g) to 2.46 oz (70 g), depending on the specific handle design. This seems like a reasonable weight for a safety razor, but I'm curious to know how it compares to other models on the market. I've heard that a heavier razor can sometimes provide a better shave because the weight allows the razor to glide more smoothly over the skin without needing to apply too much pressure. On the other hand, some people prefer a lighter razor for its maneuverability and ease of handling. For those who have experience with a variety of safety razors, how does the weight of the Edwin Jagger DE89 stand up? Does its balance and construction make a significant difference in the shaving experience compared to other common safety razors, whether they are three-piece, two-piece, or different in aggressiveness or mildness?
Jameson19

Post by Jameson19 »

The Edwin Jagger DE89's weight range ensures a balanced and controlled shave, blending maneuverability with stability effectively.
LukeLifts

Post by LukeLifts »

The DE89's balance and moderate weight cater to varied preferences, offering a versatile shaving experience with both ease and control.
BenBookworm

Post by BenBookworm »

The DE89's solid feel enhances control, especially during tricky maneuvers.
Grayson95

Post by Grayson95 »

Balanced, comfortable choice.