Shaving Butter versus Traditional Foams and Gels

SamTheMan

Shaving Butter versus Traditional Foams and Gels

Post by SamTheMan »

I've ventured into uncharted personal grooming territory after being influenced by that viral video and decided to try out Dr. Carver's Easy Shave Butter. My typical shave setup includes a Merkur 180 with an Astra blade and a regular lather, but this 'Butter' provided a unique experience. Unlike my usual foam, this product doesn't lather but instead feels like applying room-temperature butter. It's an intriguing sensation, and I've done multiple passes with and without adding water. I'm curious, for those who have used shaving butter or non-foaming creams, what has been your experience compared to traditional shaving foams or gels? Do you find that the shave butter offers a closer shave, better skin conditioning, or perhaps an altogether different benefit? Also, if anyone has any tips on how to get the most out of these newer, non-traditional shaving products, I'd love to hear them. Let's discuss the pros and cons of switching up our shaving routine with these unconventional options.
DylanTheDreamer

Post by DylanTheDreamer »

Really sorry, totally misread your question. My experience is that shave butter can provide a smoother glide and more hydration, leading to less irritation post-shave. For best results, I found that slightly damp skin worked well. Hope that helps!
OscarOutdoors

Post by OscarOutdoors »

I totally get the appeal of shaking things up with new shaving products. That slick, non-foaming sensation was a twist for me too! For the best experience, I found that a well-hydrated face makes the shave butter glide effortlessly. And definitely agree, it leaves the skin feeling amazingly smooth and conditioned afterwards. Tips? Warm water prep seemed to enhance the butter's performance for me.
Harrison26

Post by Harrison26 »

Shaving butter is a game changer! Found it moisturizes better than traditional foams, and my skin feels fantastic afterward. For best results, I apply it on a slightly damp face – seems to work wonders. How about others?
Benjamin32

Post by Benjamin32 »

I've found that a wet face helps the shave butter act more slick, reducing irritation and giving a closer shave.
MilesMotion

Post by MilesMotion »

That sounds like quite the creamy adventure! I've never tried shaving butter, but your experience makes me curious. I'm glad to hear it left you smooth and conditioned!