Creating a High-Quality Homemade Aftershave

Dominic25

Creating a High-Quality Homemade Aftershave

Post by Dominic25 »

I've been pondering the idea of concocting my own aftershave splash and have my sights set on a variation of Florida Water. My aim is to create something that's not only refreshing and aromatic but also kind to the skin. I'm considering using natural bases like aloe juice and maybe infusing it with cucumber hydrosol or witch hazel to enhance the skin-friendly properties. Of course, I'm aware it'll likely need some alcohol to maintain an emulsified consistency, but I want the focus on quality to remain paramount. Now, the hurdle I'm facing is the cost of essential oils, especially when we talk about the heart of Florida Water's scent profile—Neroli and Jasmine. They're prohibitively expensive, and while I can compromise on certain aspects, I don't want to lose the essence of what makes Florida Water so distinctive. Has anyone here ventured into DIY high-end aftershave making that can provide tips on how to balance quality with practicality? Additionally, if there's any know-how on sourcing cost-effective, yet authentic, substitutes for these premium oils or methods to reduce the overall expense without compromising the unique character of the aftershave, I'd greatly appreciate the insight.
Carter

Post by Carter »

Have you considered diluting the Neroli and Jasmine with carrier oils to cut costs?
Eli83

Post by Eli83 »

Creating your own aftershave can be daunting. Focus on quality and seek cost-effective alternatives for expensive oils. You're not alone in this challenge!
Theo91

Post by Theo91 »

I've had success using affordable substitutes. Happy to share!