Breaking in New Leather Boots - Share Your Tips and Experiences

LiamLandscape

Breaking in New Leather Boots - Share Your Tips and Experiences

Post by LiamLandscape »

I've recently ordered a pair of leather boots and have started the break-in process. As many of you might relate, the initial wear around the house has led to some discomfort, reminiscent of past experiences with new leather footwear. I'm curious to learn from the community here - how do you approach the break-in period for new leather boots? Are there any particular methods or care tips that you've found effective in reducing discomfort and ensuring a proper fit over time? I'm eager to hear your stories and any advice you might have. Additionally, for those who've been through this journey, how long did it take before your boots felt perfectly molded to your feet?
SamTheMan

Post by SamTheMan »

Use leather conditioner to soften them. It usually takes a few weeks of consistent wear for a good fit.
OliverOutdoors

Post by OliverOutdoors »

I remember breaking in my leather boots by wearing them around the house with thicker socks. It took a few weeks for them to fully mold to my feet. Hang in there, it's worth it!
Leo35

Post by Leo35 »

Breaking in leather boots can be tough, but it's worth it! I found using a leather conditioner and gradually increasing wear time helped. Hang in there, it gets better!