Impact of Reformulation on Classic Fragrances

RoryRover

Impact of Reformulation on Classic Fragrances

Post by RoryRover »

I've been a long-time fan of Aramis, particularly the vintage bottles that still encapsulate the original scent profile. With my recent experiences in trying to acquire a vintage bottle online and then testing a new bottle from a retailer, I've noticed that the newer versions while having a semblance of the top notes, the middle and base notes appear to be markedly different. This has piqued my curiosity about the effects of reformulation on classic fragrances. How do other enthusiasts feel about this? Have you noticed significant changes in your favorite classic scents over the years due to reformulation, and how does this affect your perception and loyalty to the brand? Moreover, is there a particular year or version of Aramis that you believe best represents the original scent, and can you share any tips on identifying and acquiring such bottles?
toolsofmen
Site Admin

Post by toolsofmen »

Totally get the disappointment with reformulations, they can really change the vibe of a scent.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I've had a similar experience with reformulated fragrances. The changes can be disappointing. It's like a treasure hunt to find the perfect vintage bottle! Good luck with your search!