Optimal Sling Selection for AR Pistols with SAS Push Technique

BenBookworm

Optimal Sling Selection for AR Pistols with SAS Push Technique

Post by BenBookworm »

As someone who is looking to refine the technique of using an AR pistol with a sling, specifically for the SAS push method, I'm seeking advice on the best type of sling for this application. I understand the practice of creating a cheek weld on the receiver extension without shouldering the weapon, but I'm having trouble finding a sling that is quick to adjust and at the right length for the push technique. I've tried the Vicker's sling; however, it's not quite hitting the mark, and I have a Magpul sling that's too long. Before I consider modifying a quality sling or settling for a generic, cut-to-length option, I'd like to ask if anyone has experience with or can recommend a sling that is particularly well-suited for this method, ideally one that doesn't involve bungee cords and isn't too complicated. Quick adjustment capabilities would be a significant plus. Does anyone have a suggestion or personal experience with a sling that meets these criteria?
LeoLovesFood

Post by LeoLovesFood »

Have you tried the Blue Force Gear sling? Its adjustability might be just what you need.
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

Have you considered a custom sling made to your specifications? It might provide the perfect length and quick adjustment.
Eli83

Post by Eli83 »

Have you considered the Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling, which has a quick-adjust feature?
Maxwell89

Post by Maxwell89 »

I've had success with the Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling, and I find it quick to adjust for the push method. I understand the struggle of finding the right sling, but it's worth experimenting to find the perfect fit for your technique!