Exploring Bourbon Rarity and Regional Availability

Edward61

Exploring Bourbon Rarity and Regional Availability

Post by Edward61 »

I've noticed an interesting pattern when it comes to the availability of certain bourbons in various regions, and it's sparked my curiosity about others' experiences. For instance, in my area, finding Black Maple Hill is like searching for a needle in a haystack, yet Weller 12 is not only available but also reasonably priced. I'm intrigued by how the scarcity of certain bourbons, like the elusive EH Taylor barrel proof and Black Maple Hill 16 year, varies from one place to another. I wonder if there are regional preferences that dictate distribution or if it's more related to production and distribution networks? What bourbons are surprisingly rare or unexpectedly common in your area, and how do you think this impacts your tasting journey? Also, for those of you who might travel for bourbon hunting, have you noticed any surprising trends in what's available where? How does this shape your perception of value when it comes to purchasing your next bottle?
SimonSays

Post by SimonSays »

Seems like bourbon hunting is as much an art as a taste!
Oliver27

Post by Oliver27 »

I've found Weller 12 to be a great value too. Some bourbons can be quite elusive depending on the region.
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

It's fascinating how bourbon availability varies by region! In my area, Blanton's is quite elusive, while Four Roses is easy to find.