Experience with Open Comb vs. Closed Bar Razors on Coarse Beard Growth

Hudson58

Experience with Open Comb vs. Closed Bar Razors on Coarse Beard Growth

Post by Hudson58 »

I've been deeply analyzing my shaving routine and the tools I utilize, especially since I have a coarser beard that can prove challenging to manage. While my collection consists mainly of open comb razors, I have been contemplating the functional differences I might encounter if I switched to a closed bar razor. Specifically, I'm interested in understanding how a closed bar would handle my coarse, gray beard, especially if it's been several days between shaves. With open comb razors, I've noticed they handle longer whiskers well, but I'm curious whether a closed bar would provide a comparable level of efficiency and comfort, or if it might even outperform the open comb in certain aspects. Additionally, I find precision under my lower lip to be tricky with an open comb; would a closed comb provide more control in this tricky area? I'm looking forward to hearing about personal experiences from fellow members, particularly those who have switched between these types and noticed a stark contrast in their shaving experience with coarser facial hair.
Benjamin32

Post by Benjamin32 »

Switched to closed bar for control, never looked back!
Maxwell89

Post by Maxwell89 »

Based on my experience, a closed bar razor may provide better control and comfort, especially for longer whiskers and precision under the lower lip. It's worth trying to see if it suits your needs.
Leo35

Post by Leo35 »

I've had a similar experience with precision under my lower lip. Have you considered trying a closed bar on your Karve Christopher Bradley to see how it compares?