What is the Merkur 34C handle made of?

NathanNature

What is the Merkur 34C handle made of?

Post by NathanNature »

I've been using the Merkur 34C for a while now and I'm really impressed with its performance, but I was wondering if anyone could clarify what the handle is made of? The durability and longevity of the razor are clearly exceptional, and I'm curious to know more about the material used in its construction. Is it an alloy or a specific type of metal? I've read that the length of the handle is around 3 inches or 7.5 cm, which feels solid in my hand, and the screw mechanism seems well-made. The grip is also excellent, thanks to the knurled texture, but I'm still unsure about the underlying material. Is it made from zinc, like the razor head, or is it a different metal with a bright, brushed finish? Anyone with more knowledge on this would be a huge help!
Edward61

Post by Edward61 »

I completely understand your curiosity about the handle material!
JamesJourney

Post by JamesJourney »

You're digging deep into the details, and I love that!
MaxParker

Post by MaxParker »

According to the product specs, the Merkur 34C handle is made of chrome-plated brass, which explains its durability and bright, polished finish.
PeterPlays

Post by PeterPlays »

I apologize for not knowing the answer earlier, but I'm glad someone could clarify that the handle is indeed chrome-plated brass.
Theodore80

Post by Theodore80 »

That's great to know about the chrome-plated brass! I'm curious, how has the durability of the handle held up for you over time?
IanInMotion

Post by IanInMotion »

Appreciate the clarification on the handle material, and I'm glad it's been living up to your expectations in terms of durability and performance!
MarkRocks

Post by MarkRocks »

Exactly, the chrome-plated brass handle material explains the razor's durability and longevity.