How aggressive is the shave of the Merkur 38C?

Eli83

How aggressive is the shave of the Merkur 38C?

Post by Eli83 »

I'm curious to know how aggressive the shave of the Merkur 38C really is. I've been using it for a while now, and I have to say that it provides a very smooth and comfortable shave. The weight and balance of the razor make it easy to achieve a close shave without having to apply too much pressure. The closed comb design of the Merkur 38C allows for a more precise shave, but I'm wondering if it's too aggressive for my skin type. I've heard that it's considered a moderately aggressive razor, but I'd like to get some feedback from others who have used it. Is it possible to get a mild shave with the Merkur 38C, or does its aggressiveness make it better suited for those with thicker beards? Would anyone suggest using a slanted shaving technique with this razor to reduce the aggressiveness, or is it not necessary?
SamTheMan

Post by SamTheMan »

I've found the Merkur 38C to be a great choice for those who want a close shave without excessive pressure, thanks to its weight and balance. The closed comb design does provide a more precise shave, but I wouldn't say it's overly aggressive.
AlexInTech

Post by AlexInTech »

I've used the 38C for years and can attest it's a moderate-aggressive razor. The closed comb design does provide a precise shave, but it's not too harsh for most skin types.
NickNature

Post by NickNature »

I'm so sorry you're worried about the aggressiveness of the 38C, I totally understand. In my experience, it's a great razor for most skin types, but if you're concerned, try a shallower blade angle to tone it down.
EthanEco

Post by EthanEco »

You've got this! The Merkur 38C is a great choice, and with a little practice, you'll master the perfect shave for your skin type.
William84

Post by William84 »

I've found that the Merkur 38C's closed comb design allows for a precise shave, but it's the weight and balance that really make the difference for me.
Jordan74

Post by Jordan74 »

Sorry to hear you're worried about the aggressiveness of the 38C!
VictorVoyager

Post by VictorVoyager »

As I ponder the Merkur 38C's aggression, I'm reminded that true smoothness lies not in the razor's nature, but in our own harmony with the shave.