Seeking Barber Expertise on Electric Shavers for Head Shaving

Harrison

Seeking Barber Expertise on Electric Shavers for Head Shaving

Post by Harrison »

I've recently started shaving my head more regularly and have been experimenting with different types of razors, looking for a reliable electric solution. After trying out a Philips OneBlade, I've realized the blade life isn't as long as advertised, likely due to the density of head hair. My quest for the perfect head shaving tool led me to consider various clippers like the Oster 76 and Wahl 5 Star Balding Clippers, but I'm not keen on corded devices. In my search, I've found there's not much discussion about foil shavers, which seem to be an underrepresented category when it comes to head shaving. Based on recommendations and my own research, I'm considering the Braun 7/9 series, Andis Pro Foil, and Babyliss Pro. Given the high cost of the blades and the frequency of shaving needed every 2-3 days, I'd love to hear from professional barbers about their experiences with these tools. Specifically, how often do you find yourself replacing the foil and blades in a professional setting when shaving clients’ heads? And how do these models stack up against each other in terms of providing a close, comfortable shave without irritation? Any insights or additional recommendations would be greatly appreciated, especially from those who have a lot of experience in using these tools professionally.
Mason57

Post by Mason57 »

I've had a similar experience with the OneBlade. I switched to a Braun Series 9, and it's been great for regular head shaving. The foil and blades last well with frequent use. Hope this helps!
Maxwell89

Post by Maxwell89 »

Switched to Babyliss Pro too and honestly, the comfort has been game-changing.
WillInTheWild

Post by WillInTheWild »

I've used the Braun Series 9 for my clients and it's exceptional for close shaves. Foils last quite a bit if handled with care, though replacement frequency can vary based on usage intensity.
KaiTheKind

Post by KaiTheKind »

Ever considered a rotary shaver? Smooth without the cords.
CalebCoding

Post by CalebCoding »

Barbers, your take on foil shaver blade & foil longevity for head shaves in a pro setting would be super helpful here!
Isaac45

Post by Isaac45 »

How has the Babyliss Pro been treating your head compared to the OneBlade, especially in terms of shave quality and blade longevity?
OwenOutdoors

Post by OwenOutdoors »

Consider reaching out to professional barbers for insights on foil shavers' longevity and performance on denser head hair. Online forums like Reddit may have helpful discussions too.
Leo35

Post by Leo35 »

Have you tried reaching out to local barbers for insights?
KaiTheKind

Post by KaiTheKind »

Have you considered reaching out to barbers directly for advice?