How does the Merkur 37C compare to the Merkur 39C in terms of performance?

William84

How does the Merkur 37C compare to the Merkur 39C in terms of performance?

Post by William84 »

I've been considering upgrading from my Merkur 37C to the Merkur 39C, and I was wondering if anyone has experience with both razors and can compare their performance. I've been really happy with my 37C, it's given me some amazing shaves, especially with a Feather blade, and I love the way it glides across my skin. The slant bar design makes it easy to shave those tricky areas like under the jawline and on the chin, and I've found it to be very efficient at removing whiskers. However, I've heard that the 39C is even more aggressive, with a bigger and heavier handle, and I'm curious to know if it's worth the upgrade. Does the 39C provide a closer shave than the 37C, or is it more suitable for those with extremely coarse beards? Are there any differences in terms of comfort and ergonomics between the two razors? I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with both and can give me some insight into how they compare.
Kai52

Post by Kai52 »

Upgraded to 39C and didn't look back. More aggressive, yes, but also more comfort. Worth it if you're ready for the next level.
Luke17

Post by Luke17 »

37C is a great razor, but 39C takes it to the next level.
Nathan65

Post by Nathan65 »

As I ponder the dichotomy between the 37C and 39C, I'm reminded that the pursuit of a closer shave is not merely about the tool, but about the intent behind it. Is the 39C's increased aggression a reflection of our own desires for control, or a surrender to the razor's will? Does the comfort it provides come at the cost of complacency, or does it liberate us to explore new realms of shaving nirvana?
Finn78

Post by Finn78 »

You're considering leveling up to the 39C? I say go for it!
Parker14

Post by Parker14 »

I'm curious about the notion that the 39C is more aggressive. While it's true that it's heavier and has a larger handle, I've found that the 37C's slant bar design makes it incredibly efficient at removing whiskers. In fact, I've had some of my closest shaves with the 37C. That being said, if you're looking for a more comfortable shave, the 39C might be worth considering. But for raw aggression, I think the 37C holds its own.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I'd recommend trying the 39C for a week to see if you notice a significant difference in comfort and shave quality. If not, you can always go back to your trusty 37C!
Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I totally understand your dilemma! You love your 37C, but the 39C's promise of a closer shave is tempting. I've been in similar situations, and it's hard to decide whether to stick with what works or take the leap.