What is the difference between the gunmetal and silver versions of the Oneblade Genesis

Jordan74

What is the difference between the gunmetal and silver versions of the Oneblade Genesis

Post by Jordan74 »

I'm considering purchasing the Oneblade Genesis, but I'm torn between the gunmetal and silver versions. I've read that the gunmetal version has a more satin finish, while the silver version has a brushed finish, but I'm not sure what that means in terms of durability and overall look. Is the gunmetal version more prone to scratches or corrosion compared to the silver version? I've also noticed that the silver version seems to have a slightly lighter frame, almost white or gray in color, whereas the gunmetal version has a darker, more galvanized appearance.

Are the components of the two versions manufactured differently, with one being casted or die-cast, while the other is injection molded?

Additionally, I've seen some razors with copper or graphite accents, are these materials used in the construction of the Oneblade Genesis, and if so, which version? Finally, are there any differences in the weight of the two versions, with one being significantly heavier than the other, perhaps due to the use of zinc or nickel plating? Any insight into the differences between the gunmetal and silver versions of the Oneblade Genesis would be greatly appreciated.
Carter

Post by Carter »

I've had the pleasure of handling both the gunmetal and silver versions of the Oneblade Genesis, and I can tell you that the main difference lies in aesthetics. The gunmetal version has a darker, more muted tone with a satin finish, while the silver version has a brighter, more reflective finish. In terms of durability, I've found both versions to be equally resistant to scratches and corrosion, thanks to the high-grade stainless steel construction. The weight and balance of both versions are also identical, so you can't go wrong with either one. Ultimately, the choice comes down to personal preference.
LiamLandscape

Post by LiamLandscape »

I opted for the gunmetal version and I'm glad I did. The darker tone gives it a sleek, sophisticated look that's perfect for my shaving den.