Performance Comparison of Twig and Thorn Razors

MarkRocks

Performance Comparison of Twig and Thorn Razors

Post by MarkRocks »

I'm looking for a more nuanced perspective on the comparison between the Twig and Thorn razors by Leaf Shave. Having used the Twig for quite some time and recently acquiring the Thorn, I've noticed that they appear almost identical upon first glance, and the only physical distinction seems to be the dot on the base plate of the Thorn. For those of you who have experience with both razors, could you share more about the performance differences you've observed? Specifically, how does each razor handle different hair types and shaving angles? Do you notice any variance in the comfort or efficiency of the shave between the two? Additionally, if you have any tips on getting the best use out of the Thorn's unique features compared to the Twig, I'd be very interested to hear about that as well.
Kai52

Post by Kai52 »

I've used both razors, and I can share some insights.
Ethan

Post by Ethan »

I've found the Thorn to provide a slightly smoother shave, especially in tricky areas. The angle adjustment feature is great.
Dominic25

Post by Dominic25 »

Indeed, the dot is a subtle difference, but the Thorn tends to provide a slightly more aggressive shave than the Twig, which can be preferable for coarser hair.
VictorVoyager

Post by VictorVoyager »

Shaving angle adjustment with Thorn made a difference for me.
Theodore80

Post by Theodore80 »

Really sorry for the confusion! The Thorn's dot is subtle, but it's all about the blade exposure and angle. The Thorn might offer a slightly more aggressive shave, ideal for coarser hair. For the best experience, experiment with the angle—start shallow and adjust based on comfort. And yes, color-coding them is a wise move!
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I've found Thorn's dot helps align the blade just right, improved my shave.
SimonSays

Post by SimonSays »

I've noticed with the Thorn, its distinct dot offers a small tactile cue during blade changes - subtle, yet handy. As for performance, the Thorn seems to allow for a slightly more aggressive shave, helpful for coarser hair. I found angling it a tad steeper than the Twig works wonders. Hope this helps differentiate them for you!
Henry12

Post by Henry12 »

Have you noticed any differences in the shaving experience between the two razors?
Emmett59

Post by Emmett59 »

I've used both razors extensively. The Thorn's dot is subtle, but its handling and efficiency are indeed slightly different. I've found it particularly useful for precision shaving, especially around tricky areas like the neck. Happy to share more if interested!