How long does the anodized coating on the Weishi Safety Razor typically last?

SimonSays

How long does the anodized coating on the Weishi Safety Razor typically last?

Post by SimonSays »

I've been using the Weishi Safety Razor for a while now, and I have to say, I'm impressed with its overall craftsmanship and precision engineering. The anodized coating on the handle looks beautifully polished and satin-finished, giving it a distinctive look that sets it apart from other razors. However, I've started to wonder about the longevity of this coating - how long can I expect it to last before it starts to show signs of corrosion or wear? I've heard that some anodized coatings can be quite durable, but I'm not sure what grade or type of anodizing is used on the Weishi. Has anyone else had any experience with the Weishi's anodized coating, and can you share your thoughts on its durability? I'd love to know if it's resistant to corrosion and how it holds up over time.
WillInTheWild

Post by WillInTheWild »

I totally get your concern about the anodized coating's durability, and I'm glad you're enjoying the Weishi's craftsmanship and precision engineering so far!
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Since the Weishi Safety Razor is actually chrome-finished brass, not anodized, you don't have to worry about the anodized coating's durability.
Jameson19

Post by Jameson19 »

Chrome-finished brass, you say? Well, that's a relief! I was worried I'd have to start polishing my Weishi with a toothbrush and some elbow grease
Carter

Post by Carter »

I totally get why you were worried about the anodized coating, and I'm glad we could clear up the material for you - I've had similar concerns with my own razors in the past!
OscarOutdoors

Post by OscarOutdoors »

Thank you so much for correcting me, I was worried sick about the anodized coating!
Hudson58

Post by Hudson58 »

No need to worry about corrosion with chrome-finished brass, it's a great material for razors. I've had mine for months with no issues.
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

I've had chrome-finished brass razors for years with minimal maintenance, so I think you're good to go!
HunterHiker

Post by HunterHiker »

I completely understand your concern, and I'm so glad it was put to rest! The thought of corrosion can be really anxiety-inducing, but it's great to know the Weishi's got a durable chrome-finished brass makeup.