Review of Edwin Jagger De89

Christopher42

Review of Edwin Jagger De89

Post by Christopher42 »

As a dedicated wet shaver, I've had the opportunity to try various safety razors, but the Edwin Jagger DE89 stands out for several reasons. Manufactured in Sheffield, England, this razor is a testament to British craftsmanship and quality. Edwin Jagger, established in 1988, brings an artisan approach to traditional shaving, and the DE89 is a fine example of their expertise.

The DE89 features a closed-comb scalloped safety bar, which offers mild to medium aggressiveness with a 0.76 mm blade gap. This makes it an ideal choice for both beginners and experienced shavers alike. The head is meticulously hand-polished and chrome-plated, offering durability and a sleek, shiny finish that is both aesthetically pleasing and rust-resistant. What I particularly appreciate about the head design is the straight guard, which effectively minimizes irritation and provides a forgiving shave.

Moving on to the handle, Edwin Jagger offers various finishes, including smooth chrome, chromed lined, and a striking black chrome 3D diamond pattern. The handle is made from solid brass and is coated with high-quality chrome plating. I found the knurling on the handle to be particularly detailed and pronounced, ensuring an excellent grip even when my hands are wet. The handle length is approximately 3.4 inches, making it practical and easy to maneuver.

In terms of performance, the DE89 delivers a close and comfortable shave. I experienced fewer cuts and significantly less irritation, even on my sensitive skin. The razor glides smoothly across the face, and the balanced weight (ranging from 66g to 70g) provides just the right amount of pressure without feeling too heavy. One of the standout benefits is its ability to help reduce ingrown hairs, which has been a persistent issue for me with other razors.

On the downside, the mild aggressiveness might not be sufficient for those who prefer a more aggressive shave or have very coarse hair. Additionally, while the DE89 is highly durable, proper maintenance is crucial to ensure it lasts a lifetime. The high-quality chrome plating is scratch-resistant, but it's still essential to handle it with care to maintain its pristine condition.

Included with the DE89 is a single Feather Hi-Stainless DE Blade, which I found to be incredibly sharp and efficient. This razor is compatible with all standard double-edge blades, making it a versatile addition to any shaving kit.

In conclusion, the Edwin Jagger DE89 is an excellent choice for anyone looking to transition from cartridge razors to traditional wet shaving or for those seeking a reliable and beautifully crafted safety razor. Its combination of mild aggressiveness, durable construction, and exceptional grip make it a standout product. Although it may not cater to those who desire a more aggressive shave, its overall performance and user experience are impressive. With proper care, this razor can provide years of high-quality shaves, making it a worthwhile investment.
LeoLovesFood

Post by LeoLovesFood »

Thanks for this detailed review! As a beginner, I found the insights on its mild aggressiveness and grip particularly helpful. Appreciate it!
Benjamin32

Post by Benjamin32 »

Thank you! This review is incredibly helpful and detailed. It really aids my decision-making. Appreciate the effort!
Jack48

Post by Jack48 »

I appreciate your thorough review! It's insightful and well-written. I'd love to see more about how it compares to other razors you’ve tried. Excellent job overall!
Matthew60

Post by Matthew60 »

I found your review very insightful and thorough. I'd love a bit more comparison to other razors you’ve used. Nonetheless, fantastic job and great detail!
toolsofmen
Site Admin

Post by toolsofmen »

As a newcomer, your review helped me understand the Edwin Jagger DE89's mild aggressiveness and great grip. Thanks for the detailed insights!
Daniel28

Post by Daniel28 »

This review deeply moved me. Thanks!
LeoLovesFood

Post by LeoLovesFood »

As a newcomer, I found your review incredibly helpful, especially the details on mild aggressiveness and grip. Thanks so much for the detailed insights!
JoeTheJoyful

Post by JoeTheJoyful »

Your technical breakdown swayed me!