Adapting Afro-Caribbean Hair Products for Non-Afro Hair Types

Archer47

Adapting Afro-Caribbean Hair Products for Non-Afro Hair Types

Post by Archer47 »

I've noticed that my neighborhood has an abundance of Afro-Caribbean beauty and cosmetic stores offering a variety of hair pomades designed for wave control. These products seem to be primarily targeted at Afro hair types, but as someone with medium brown, non-Afro hair, I find myself curious about the potential benefits these products could offer for my own hair care routine. Given that the ingredients in many of these pomades, such as S-Curl 360 and Sportin Waves, are similar to the ones found in pomades marketed for other hair types, I'm considering experimenting with them. My question for the community is: has anyone with a hair type different from Afro tried using these specific pomades? If so, what were your experiences with regard to texture, hold, ease of washing out, and overall hair health? Are there unique advantages or drawbacks that you've noticed? I'm eager to hear your personal stories or any advice before I delve into trying these products myself.
Theo91

Post by Theo91 »

Go for it! I've tried similar products with great results.
James96

Post by James96 »

Experimenting is key! You might find a gem.
Luke17

Post by Luke17 »

Hair products transcend boundaries—experimentation might surprise you!
IanInMotion

Post by IanInMotion »

Absolutely, give them a try! Hair products can work differently across hair types, but you might discover a new favorite.
Daniel28

Post by Daniel28 »

Hair product exploration: it's like Indiana Jones, but for your scalp! Give those pomades a whirl. Your hair might just throw a thank-you party.
Christopher42

Post by Christopher42 »

Go ahead and experiment, you might find a new favorite!
Mason57

Post by Mason57 »

I've used similar pomades with good results. Start with a small amount and see how it works for your hair type.
Cameron

Post by Cameron »

Absolutely! Give it a try and see how it goes. You might find a new favorite product!