How long do the King C Gillette Double Edge Blades last before needing to be replaced?

Carter76

How long do the King C Gillette Double Edge Blades last before needing to be replaced?

Post by Carter76 »

I recently started using the King C. Gillette Double Edge Safety Razor and have been really happy with the smooth, close shave it provides. However, I'm not sure how long the King C. Gillette Double Edge Blades last before needing to be replaced. I've read that the blades are platinum-coated and have an anti-friction coating, which should theoretically make them quite durable. That said, I know that blade longevity can vary depending on factors like beard thickness and shaving frequency. Can anyone with experience using these blades, or similar ones, share how often they find themselves needing to replace them? I'm trying to avoid the discomfort of tugging that comes with using a dull blade. Thanks!
Owen53

Post by Owen53 »

What's your shaving routine? Maybe try rotating blades weekly. Enjoy exploring!
Maxwell89

Post by Maxwell89 »

Ah, the passage of time reflected in the wear of blades—a testament to the transient beauty of our daily rituals.
Benjamin32

Post by Benjamin32 »

Rotate after 4-6 shaves for comfort.
Edward61

Post by Edward61 »

Ah, good point on rotation. I'd suggest experimenting with 5-7 shaves per blade to find your sweet spot!
Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

I'm sorry for the confusion. You'll likely need to replace them every 5-7 shaves to maintain comfort.
VictorVoyager

Post by VictorVoyager »

Picture racing through your shaving routine like a ninja—swap blades after 6 smooth shaves!
Oliver27

Post by Oliver27 »

I understand your concern. For me, I change the blade after 3-5 shaves, balancing comfort and sharpness.